Fortnite Chapter 2 is now in full swing. Players are still getting to grips with the new mechanics like fishing. However, Epic is still withholding proper patch notes. Even with their minor update this week that fixed some problems in the game, Epic hasn’t given an official word. They’re taking an approach of jumping in and seeing what is there for yourself at the moment. This is all good, but maybe you’re wondering what Fortnite Chapter 2 weapons are even out there?
Most players have probably found themselves searching for things that don’t exist. While we’ve learned about what has been vaulted, a lot of players aren’t really aware of what has stayed. On top of this, a lot of weapons have seen a change to their appearance. This makes things a bit confusing if you’ve been with the game for a long time. This Fortnite Chapter 2 weapons guide goes over every weapon still in the game. Despite cosmetic or balancing changes, this is what you can look for in the new season.
Fortnite Chapter 2 Weapons
The Assault Rifle is a returning favorite, but there is little else to choose from this time around. These are the stats for each version of this Fortnite Chapter 2 weapon.
- Common – 30 Body damage, 6o Head, Reload Time, 2.5s
- Uncommon – 31 Body, 62 Head, Reload Time 2.s
- Rare – 33 Body, 66 Head, Reload Time 2.3s
- Epic – 35 Body, 70 Head, Reload Time 2.2s.
- Legendary – 36 Body, 72 Head, Reload Time 2.1s
Burst Assault Rifle
This one handles similarly to the Assault Rifle but it fires in short and exact bursts. This is for players more confident in their aim!
- Common – 27 Body, 54 Head, Reload Time 2.9s.
- Uncommon – 29 Body, 58 Head, 2.7s Reload Time.
- Rare – 30 Body, 60 Head, Reload Time 2.6s.
- Epic – 32 Body, 64 Head, Reload Time 2.5s.
- Legendary – 33 Body, 66 Head, Reload Time 2.3s.
The Pump is the first of the two shotguns. This one is faster but a little less hard-hitting. It is a good shotgun to go for when you’re looting. The top tier can instant kill any player with a headshot.
- Common – 70 Body, 140 Head, Reload Time 5.7s
- Uncommon – 80 Body, 160 Head, Reload Time 5.3s.
- Rare – 90 Body, 180 Head, Reload Time 4.8s.
- Epic – 100 Body, 200 Head, Reload Time 4.4s.
- Legendary – 110 Body, 220 Head, Reload Time 4s.
This is the automatic shotgun available in the game. It is pretty common, especially in the lower rarities.
- Grey – 71 Body, 159.75 Head, Reload Time 6.3s.
- Green – 75 Body, 168.75 Head, Reload Time 6s.
- Blue – 79 Body, 177.75 Head, Reload Time 5.7s.
- Purple – 83 Body, 186.75 Head, Reload Time 5.4s.
- Orange – 87 Body, 195.75 Head, Reload Time 5.1s.
The pistol. This is good for close and medium-range and as a form of defense when a shotgun is going to be too slow. It is often a neglected weapon, but one that can be quite effective.
- Common – 24 Body, 48 Head, Reload Time 1.5s.
- Uncommon – 25 Body, 50 Head, Reload Time 1.4s.
- Rare – 26 Body, 52 Head, Reload Time 1.3s.
- Epic – 28 Body, 56 Head, Reload Time 1.3s
- Legendary – 29 Body, 58 Head, Reload Time 1.2s.
Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle
The Sniper Rifle is an exact and unforgiving weapon. The Fortnite Chapter 2 weapons list has done away with any of the snipers that were previously a little more forgiving. This leaves the Bolt-Action. It is reliable and relatively fast. If you’re trying to take a shot from a distance this is your only choice.
- Uncommon – 100 Body, 250 Head, Reload Time 3.2s.
- Rare – 105 Body, 262.5 Head, Reload Time 3s.
- Epic – 110 Body, 275 Head, Reload Time 2.5s.
- Legendary – 116 Body, 290 Head, Reload Time 2.3s.
The rocket launcher is the closest thing to crazy action that you’ll find in the Fortnite Chapter 2 Weapons list. This is great for completely leveling the structures built by other players.
- Common – 85 Body, 85 Head, Reload Time 4.1s.
- Uncommon – 100 Body, 100 Head, Reload Time 3.6s.
- Rare – 115 Body, 115 Head, Reload Time 3.1s.
- Epic – 130 Body, 130 Head, Reload Time 2.5s
These are your standard grenades. They have none of the flash or gimmick of previous throwables to Fortnite. They deal 400 damage at point-blank, but largely explode to anyone around them.
Streamlined Fortnite Chapter 2 Weapons
As you can tell, the list is significantly shorter than previously. It is likely to grow as time goes on. As we saw through the recent addition of a goldfish, Epic isn’t going to back off on adding things to the game anytime soon. However, Fortnite Chapter 2 Weapons are a select bunch. Between these, you should have the tools you need to play the game properly and without interruption from gimmicks.
If you’re still finding your feet with Fortnite chapter 2, it might be worthwhile to revisit some of your settings for the game and ensure you’re getting the best frames per second. Players are still reporting some widespread FPS issues, doing these optimizations can help you stay ahead.